Terms Used In California Codes > Revenue and Taxation Code > Division 1 > Part 1 > Chapter 4
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Controller: means the State Controller. See California Education Code 5303
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 5228
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 14004.5
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Eligible county: means a county which meets both of the following requirements:
California Water Code 12681.2
- Eligible property: means real property and any manufactured home which has received the homeowners' exemption or is eligible for the homeowners' exemption as of March 1, 1986, and which is located in an eligible county. See California Water Code 12681.2
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Original bill: A bill which is drafted by a committee. It is introduced by the committee or subcommittee chairman after the committee votes to report it.
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 14022
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 14002.05
- United States: means the United States of America, and in relation to any particular matter includes the officers, agents, employees, agencies, or instrumentalities authorized to act in relation thereto. See California Education Code 14022.5