Terms Used In California Codes > Streets and Highways Code > Division 16 > Part 2 > Chapter 6
- commission: means the California Transportation Commission. See California Streets and Highways Code 22
- Construction: includes :
California Streets and Highways Code 29
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the Department of Transportation of this state. See California Streets and Highways Code 20
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- highway: includes bridges, culverts, curbs, drains, and all works incidental to highway construction, improvement, and maintenance. See California Streets and Highways Code 23
- maintenance: includes any of the following:
California Streets and Highways Code 27
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.