Terms Used In California Codes > Streets and Highways Code > Division 16 > Part 2 > Chapter 9
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- commission: means the California Transportation Commission. See California Streets and Highways Code 22
- Construction: includes :
California Streets and Highways Code 29
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- maintenance: includes any of the following:
California Streets and Highways Code 27