|§ 21215||(a) A pedicab defined in subdivision (c) of Section 467.5 shall …|
|§ 21215.2||(a) If alcoholic beverages are consumed on board the pedicab, a …|
|§ 21215.5||This article does not preclude a local authority from imposing more …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Vehicle Code > Division 11 > Chapter 1 > Article 4.5
- Alcoholic beverage: includes any liquid or solid material intended to be ingested by a person which contains ethanol, also known as ethyl alcohol, drinking alcohol, or alcohol, including, but not limited to, alcoholic beverages as defined in Section 23004 of the Business and Professions Code, intoxicating liquor, malt beverage, beer, wine, spirits, liqueur, whiskey, rum, vodka, cordials, gin, and brandy, and any mixture containing one or more alcoholic beverages. See California Education Code 8256
- business: includes a proprietorship, partnership, corporation, and any other form of commercial enterprise. See California Education Code 8265.1
- Department: means the Department of Motor Vehicles except, when used in Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 2100) of Division 2 and in Divisions 11 (commencing with Section 21000), 12 (commencing with Section 24000), 13 (commencing with Section 29000), 14 (commencing with Section 31600), 14. See California Education Code 8277.2
- driver: is a person who drives or is in actual physical control of a vehicle. See California Education Code 8278.3
- Freeway: is a highway in respect to which the owners of abutting lands have no right or easement of access to or from their abutting lands or in respect to which such owners have only limited or restricted right or easement of access. See California Education Code 8332.1
- Highway: is a way or place of whatever nature, publicly maintained and open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. See California Education Code 8332.7
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Pedicab: means any of the following:
California Education Code 8402
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- vehicle: is a device by which any person or property may be propelled, moved, or drawn upon a highway, excepting a device moved exclusively by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks. See California Education Code 8486