Terms Used In California Codes > Water Code > Division 7 > Chapter 10.5 - California Safe Drinking Water Bond Law of 1976
- Adjournment sine die: The end of a legislative session "without day." These adjournments are used to indicate the final adjournment of an annual or the two-year session of legislature.
- Agency: means any statewide office, nonelective officer, department, division, bureau, board, commission or agency in the executive branch of the state government, except that it shall not apply to any agency whose primary function is service to the Legislature or judicial branches of state government or to any agency that is administered by an elective officer. See California Government Code 12080
- Agency that is administered by an elective officer: includes the State Board of Equalization but not a board or commission on which an elective officer serves in an ex officio capacity. See California Government Code 12080
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Committee: means the Safe Drinking Water Finance Committee, created by Section 13858. See California Water Code 13857
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Department: means the Department of Water Resources. See California Water Code 13857
- Domestic water system: means a system for the provision to the public of piped water for human consumption, if such system has at least 15 service connections or regularly supplies water to at least 25 individuals. See California Water Code 13857
- Federal assistance: means funds available or which may become available to a supplier either directly or through allocation by the state, from the federal government as grants or loans for the improvement of domestic water systems. See California Water Code 13857
- Fund: means the California Safe Drinking Water Fund. See California Water Code 13857
- Person: includes any city, county, district, the state, and the United States, to the extent authorized by federal law. See California Water Code 13050
- Process: includes a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings of either a civil or criminal nature. See California Government Code 22
- Project: means proposed facilities for the construction, improvement, or rehabilitation of the domestic water system, and may include water supply, treatment works, and all or part of a water distribution system, if such inclusions are necessary to carry out the purpose of this chapter. See California Water Code 13857
- Recess: A temporary interruption of the legislative business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Reorganization: means :
California Government Code 12080
- Resolution: means a resolution of either house of the Legislature resolving as follows:
California Government Code 12080
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Water Code 18
- state agency: includes every state office, officer, department, division, bureau, board, and commission. See California Government Code 11000
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Water Code 10
- Treatment works: means any devices or systems used in the treatment of water supplies, including necessary lands, which render such supplies pure, wholesome, and potable for domestic purpose. See California Water Code 13857