|Article 1||General Provisions|
|Article 2||Senior Housing Information and Support Center|
|Article 3||Engaging Elders Through Volunteerism|
|Article 4||Aging and Disability Resource Connection Program|
Terms Used In California Codes > Welfare and Institutions Code > Division 8.5 > Chapter 2
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- board: means any entity listed in Section 101, the entities referred to in Sections 1000 and 3600, the State Bar, the Bureau of Real Estate, and any other state agency that issues a license, certificate, or registration authorizing a person to engage in a business or profession. See California Education Code 17352
- City: includes city and county. See California Education Code 17322
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 17321
- County: includes "city and county. See California Education Code 94150
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 17325
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs, unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 17319
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.