Terms Used In California Codes > Welfare and Institutions Code > Division 9 > Part 3 > Chapter 8 > Article 6 - Conflict of Interest
- board: means the board of directors of the district unless the context clearly indicates otherwise. See California Streets and Highways Code 27002
- Construction: includes :
California Streets and Highways Code 29
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- district: means a bridge and highway district unless the context clearly indicates otherwise. See California Streets and Highways Code 27001
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- highway: includes bridges, culverts, curbs, drains, and all works incidental to highway construction, improvement, and maintenance. See California Streets and Highways Code 23
- immediate family: means an individual's spouse and minor dependent children and any other person over which the individual has legal control. See California Welfare and Institutions Code 14478
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, organization, limited liability company, or business trust. See California Streets and Highways Code 19
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Spouse: includes "registered domestic partner" as required by Section 297. See California Welfare and Institutions Code 12.2
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.