(a) As used in this section:
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 16-243bb
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Authority: means the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority and "department" means the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. See Connecticut General Statutes 16-1
- distribution company: means any person providing electric transmission or distribution services within the state, but does not include: (A) A private power producer, as defined in section 16-243b. See Connecticut General Statutes 16-1
(1) “Residential fixed charge” means any fixed fee charged to residential electric customers, including, but not limited to, (A) a fixed charge for distribution basic service, (B) a distribution customer service charge, (C) a customer charge, or (D) a basic service fee which is separate and distinct from any distribution charge per kilowatt-hour.
(2) “Electric distribution company” has the same meaning as provided in section 16-1.
(b) The Public Utilities Regulatory Authority shall adjust each electric distribution company‘s residential fixed charge upon such company’s filing with the authority an amendment of rate schedules pursuant to section 16-19 to recover only the fixed costs and operation and maintenance expenses directly related to metering, billing, service connections and the provision of customer service.
(c) The provisions in subsection (b) of this section shall not permit or enable the authority to cause a cost shift to other rate classes.
(d) This section shall not apply to electric customers that subscribe to a residential electric heating service rate class.