(a) As used in this section:
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 16-262r
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Authority: means the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority and "department" means the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. See Connecticut General Statutes 16-1
- Water company: includes every person owning, leasing, maintaining, operating, managing or controlling any pond, lake, reservoir, stream, well or distributing plant or system employed for the purpose of supplying water to fifty or more consumers. See Connecticut General Statutes 16-1
(1) “Provider water company” means a water company, as defined in section 16-1, which provides satellite management services.
(2) “Recipient water company” means a water company, as defined in section 25-32a, which receives satellite management services.
(3) “Satellite management services” includes any of the following services relating to public water systems: Operation, maintenance, administration, emergency and scheduled repairs, monitoring and reporting, billing, operator training and the purchase of supplies and equipment.
(b) A provider water company may provide satellite management services to a recipient water company.
(c) In any proceeding pursuant to section 16-19 on a rate amendment proposed by a provider water company, the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority shall review any revenue derived and expenses incurred from satellite management services provided by the provider water company, and the authority, if it deems appropriate, may deem such revenue and expenses to be excluded for purposes of rate-making under said section 16-19.
(d) The authority, if it deems appropriate, may equalize the rates charged to customers by a provider water company and a recipient water company having fifty or more consumers, which are participating in a satellite management services arrangement. The authority may phase in such equalization over a period of time.
(e) Notwithstanding any provision of subdivision (4) of subsection (a) of section 16-19e, the authority, if it deems appropriate, may award a premium rate of return to a provider water company, in accordance with the provisions of subdivisions (1), (2), (3) and (5) of subsection (a) of section 16-19e, on any water system which the company voluntarily acquires or acquires pursuant to an order issued under section 16-262o.