As used in sections 42-284 to 42-288, inclusive:
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes 42-284
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
(1) “Consumer” means an actual or prospective purchaser, lessee or recipient of goods or services;
(2) “Person” means a natural person, corporation, trust, partnership, incorporated or unincorporated association and any other legal entity; and
(3) “Telemarketer” means any person who initiates the sale, lease or rental of consumer goods or services, or offers gifts or prizes with the intent to sell, lease or rent consumer goods by: (A) Telephonic means; or (B) use of television, radio or printed advertisement, postcard or other written notice with requests that the consumer contact the seller by telephone to inquire about goods or services and such advertisement, postcard or notice does not contain the price or a description of the goods or services.