[Effective June 30, 2017]
As used in this chapter:
(1) ”Academic institution” means an institution of postsecondary education receiving State funds or a private institution of postsecondary education with campuses physically located in Delaware serving over 1,000 students.
(2) ”Advocate” means any of the following:
a. An employee or volunteer at a domestic violence shelter or a telephone crisis line for crime victims.
b. An employee or volunteer at an organization whose primary purpose is to provide services for victims of domestic violence or sexual offenses, including sexual assault, stalking, or any abuse.
c. An employee, whose primary job duties are the provision of services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, or other crimes.
(3) ”Responsible employee” means persons who are any of the following:
a. Faculty, teachers, or professors.
b. Employees of the academic institution who, as part of their job duties, regularly interact with students in a teaching, mentoring, advisory, or supervisory capacity.
c. Persons who serve as an appointed trustee or director of the academic institution.
d. Student employees of an academic institution who, as part of their job duties, have teaching, mentoring, advisory, or supervisory responsibilities with respect to other students. This shall include resident advisors, hall directors, and teaching assistants.
(4) ”Sexual assault” means physical contact of a sexual nature perpetrated without consent or where consent is unable to be given.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 14 Sec. 9001A
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 1 Sec. 302