[For application of this section, see 79 Del. Laws, c. 99, § 19]
No policy of health insurance shall be delivered or issued for delivery to any person in this State unless it otherwise complies with this title and complies with the following:
(1) The entire money and other considerations therefor shall be expressed therein;
(2) The time when the insurance takes effect and terminates shall be expressed therein;
(3) It shall purport to insure only 1 person, except that a policy may insure, originally or by subsequent amendment, upon the application of an adult member of a family, who shall be deemed the policyholder, any 2 or more eligible members of that family, including husband, wife, dependent children or any children under a specified age which shall not exceed 26 years and any other person dependent upon the policyholder;
(4) The style, arrangement and overall appearance of the policy shall give no undue prominence to any portion of the text, and every printed portion of the text of the policy and of any endorsements or attached papers shall be plainly printed in light-faced type of a style in general use, the size of which shall be uniform and not less than 10 points with a lower case unspaced alphabet length not less than 120 points (the “text” shall include all printed matter except the name and address of the insurer, name or title of the policy, the brief description, if any, and captions and subcaptions);
(5) The exceptions and reductions of indemnity shall be set forth in the policy and, other than those contained in §§ 3305-3326, inclusive, of this title, shall be printed, at the insurer’s option, either included with the benefit provision to which they apply, or under an appropriate caption such as “exceptions,” or “exceptions and reductions,” except that if an exception or reduction specifically applies only to a particular benefit of the policy, a statement of such exception or reduction shall be included with the benefit provision to which it applies;
(6) Each such form, including riders and endorsements, shall be identified by a form number in the lower left-hand corner of the first page thereof; and
(7) The policy shall contain no provision purporting to make any portion of the charter, rules, constitution or bylaws of the insurer a part of the policy unless such portion is set forth in full in the policy, except in the case of the incorporation of, or reference to, a statement of rates or classification of risks, or short-rate table filed with the Commissioner.
(8) The policy shall contain no provision or nondisclosure clause prohibiting physicians or other health-care providers from giving patients information regarding diagnoses, prognoses and treatment options.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 18 Sec. 3303
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- State: means the State of Delaware; and when applied to different parts of the United States, it includes the District of Columbia and the several territories and possessions of the United States. See Delaware Code Title 6 Sec. 4307