(a) The Section shall establish, convene and chair user groups for the purchase of a materiel or service or group of materiel and/or services by a central contract or contracts. Convention of a user group may include, but is not limited to, a formal meeting, electronic mail among user group members and/or a teleconference among user group members. The method by which the user group convenes shall be agreed to by all user group members.
Terms Used In Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 6912
- Agency: means every board, department, bureau, commission, person or group of persons or other authority which directly receives moneys under any budget appropriation act or supplemental appropriation act and which was created and now exists or hereafter is created to:
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Covered agency: means any agency except school districts, Delaware Technical & Community College, the Delaware State University and the Legislative Branch of State government. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 6902
- Materiel: means materials, equipment, tools, supplies, or any other personal property, but does not include real property or electric, gas, water, telephone or similar utilities. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 6902
- User group: means 2 or more agency or nonagency representatives, one of whom shall be an agency representative who provides technical advice to the Government Support Services concerning the requirements of certain materiel and nonprofessional services contracts. See Delaware Code Title 29 Sec. 6902
(b) The Section shall provide reasonable opportunity for each covered agency to participate in a user group if that covered agency anticipates the purchasing of materiel or service or services or a group of materiel and/or services under a specific central contract to be written and bid. A covered agency not participating in a user group shall not be grounds for an exception to the use of that central contract. A user group shall perform at least the following functions for the materiel or service or group of materiel and/or services to be purchased by a central contract:
(1) Make recommendations on the contents of the contract;
(2) Rate vendors, materials and/or services;
(3) Rate the effectiveness of the contract; and
(4) Qualify a materiel and/or service.