As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Board” means the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel.
(2) “Clinical laboratory” means a clinical laboratory as defined in s. 483.041.
(3) “Clinical laboratory examination” means a clinical laboratory examination as defined in s. 483.041.
(4) “Clinical laboratory personnel” includes a clinical laboratory director, supervisor, technologist, blood gas analyst, or technician who performs or is responsible for laboratory test procedures, but the term does not include trainees, persons who perform screening for blood banks or plasmapheresis centers, phlebotomists, or persons employed by a clinical laboratory to perform manual pretesting duties or clerical, personnel, or other administrative responsibilities, or persons engaged in testing performed by laboratories regulated under s. 483.035(1) or exempt from regulation under s. 483.031(2).
(5) “Clinical laboratory trainee” means any person having qualifying education who is enrolled in a clinical laboratory training program approved pursuant to s. 483.811 and who is seeking experience required to meet minimum qualifications for licensing in this state. Trainees may perform procedures under direct and responsible supervision of duly licensed clinical laboratory personnel, but they may not report test results.
(6) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(7) “Licensed practitioner of the healing arts” means a physician licensed under chapter 458, chapter 459, chapter 460, or chapter 461; a dentist licensed under chapter 466; or a person licensed under chapter 462.
(8) “Public health laboratory scientist” means any licensed director, supervisor, technologist, or technician engaged in laboratory testing of human specimens in a state, county, or municipal public health laboratory.
s. 32, ch. 92-58; s. 175, ch. 94-218; s. 7, ch. 97-91; s. 164, ch. 97-264; s. 145, ch. 99-397.