Effective date: 8/9/2016
(1) In order to operate a nurse registry as defined under Florida Statutes § 400.462, the owner shall make application for a license on the Health Care Licensing Application, Nurse Registry, AHCA Form 3110-7004, March 2016, incorporated by reference and available at http://www.flrules.org/Gateway/reference.asp?No=Ref-07162, and the Health Care Licensing Application Addendum prescribed in subsection 59A-35.060(1), F.A.C. Applicants for renewal of a nurse registry license may submit the Health Care Licensing Online Application, Nurse Registry, AHCA Form 3110-7004OL, March 2016, incorporated by reference and available at https://www.flrules.org/Gateway/reference.asp?No=Ref-07163. The application forms are available online at: http://ahca.myflorida.com/HQAlicensureforms or, for online renewal submissions, at: http://apps.ahca.myflorida.com/SingleSignOnPortal. The application shall be accompanied by a $2,000 licensure fee. The application and other pertinent information can be obtained at the AHCA website: http://ahca.myflorida.com/HQAlicensureforms. The receipt of a license from AHCA shall be based upon compliance with all applicable rules and laws, as evidenced by a signed application and upon the results of a survey conducted by AHCA representatives.
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 59A-18.004
- AHCA: means Agency for Health Care Administration. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 27-360 - Travel distance
- Caregiver: means a registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, certified nursing assistant, home health aide, homemaker or companion that is referred by a nurse registry to provide services to patients. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 27-360 - Travel distance
- Geographic Service Area: means one or more of the counties within the health service planning district, as specified on the license, in which the nurse registry may refer its independent contractors to provide services to patients or clients in their homes or to provide staffing in facilities. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 27-360 - Travel distance
(3) A license shall not be granted to anyone under 18 years of age.
(4) Evidence of financial ability to operate for initial licensure and change of ownership applications must be submitted with the application, which shall consist of the completion of the financial schedules contained in a form as prescribed in subsection 59A-35.062(2), F.A.C.
(5) Satellite offices — A satellite office shares administration, fiscal management, and services with the main operational site; it is not separately licensed and is exempt from the requirements in paragraphs 59A-18.004(9)(a) and (b), F.A.C. A satellite office must be listed on the license of the nurse registry operational site. A nurse registry that operates a satellite office must:
(a) Maintain a system of communication and integration of services between the nurse registry operational site and the satellite office;
(b) Provide access to patient records at the satellite office;
(c) Ensure periodic onsite visits to each satellite office by the nurse registry’s administrator;
(d) Make the satellite office’s hours of operation available to the public if different than the hours of operation maintained by the nurse registry operational site.
(6) Evidence of compliance with local zoning authorities for the main operational site of the nurse registry and any satellite offices must be submitted with the application.
(7) All nurse registries must apply for a geographic service area on their initial license application. Nurse registries may apply for a geographic service area which encompasses one or more of the counties within the health services planning district, pursuant to Sections 408.032(5) and 400.497(9), F.S., in which the main operational site is located. However, any agency holding a current nurse registry license from AHCA, as of December 24, 2000, may continue to serve patients or clients in those counties listed on its current license.
(8) If a change of address is to occur, or if a nurse registry intends to change the counties served within the geographic service area, or open or close a satellite office, the nurse registry must complete and submit the Health Care Licensing Application, Nurse Registry, AHCA Form 3110-7004, March 2016, within the timeframe prescribed in paragraph 59A-35.040(2)(b), F.A.C. For changes of address and addition of satellite offices, the nurse registry must submit, with the application, evidence that the location is zoned for a nurse registry for the new address and evidence of legal right to occupy the property in accordance with Sections 400.506(1)(c) and 408.810(6), F.S.
(9) A nurse registry has the following responsibility in terms of hours of operation:
(a) The nurse registry administrator, or his alternate, must be available to the public for any eight consecutive hours between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday of each week, excluding legal and religious holidays. Available to the public means being readily available on the premises or by telecommunications.
(b) When the administrator, or the designated alternate, are not on the premises during designated business hours, pursuant to paragraph 59A-18.004(8)(a), F.A.C., a staff person must be available to answer the phone and the door and must be able to contact the administrator, or the alternate, by telecommunications during the designated business hours. This individual can be a clerical staff person.
(c) If an AHCA surveyor arrives on the premises to conduct a survey and the administrator, or a person authorized to give access to patient records, is not available on the premises he, or his alternate, must be available on the premises within two hours.
(d) The nurse registry shall provide to the patient or the patient’s representative a list of telephone numbers to be called if a replacement caregiver is needed along with local emergency numbers as determined by the nurse registry.
Rulemaking Authority 400.497, 400.506, 408.810(8), 408.819 FS. Implements Florida Statutes § 400.497, 400.506, 400.512, 408.806, 408.809, 408.810, 408.811. History—New 2-9-93, Amended 1-27-94, 12-24-00, 8-10-06, 3-15-07, 5-4-15, 8-9-16.