Effective date: 2/2/2006
The Department will apply the following criteria:
(1) Applications for funding must be received by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services by close of business on October 1 of each year in order to be eligible to be certified, evaluated and ranked for submission to the Legislature. All required information must be sent by certified or registered mail, or any other delivery service which will require a signature, and received by the deadline.
Terms Used In Florida Regulations 5H-25.002
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
(2) An eligible unit of local government must have the authority to issue General Obligation or Revenue Bonds, which includes power to levy special assessments bonds (as defined in Florida Statutes § 218.369). A fair association must meet the definition as in Florida Statutes § 616.001(9)
(3) Applicants must demonstrate that the agriculture education and promotion facility shall serve more than 25,000 visitors annually.
(4) Applicant shall submit a certified copy of the resolution of support and evidence of a public hearing that the proposed facility serves a public purpose.
(5) Documentation must be provided to verify the required 40% matching amount by copy of a resolution, budget item, permit waiver(s), in-kind services or cash donation(s). If the applicant is using the value of the land, or any improvements to the land as part or all of the matching requirement, this must be documented by providing a copy of a certified appraisal, tax assessors report or copies of paid invoices for land improvements.
(6) In order to be evaluated and ranked, an application must be certified as an Agriculture Education and Promotion Facility.
Rulemaking authorized by Florida Statutes § 288.1175(4). Implements Florida Statutes § 288.1175. History—New 2-2-06.