Effective date: 10/4/2018
(1) Any unlicensed dentist who wishes to practice dentistry at a state or county government facility in Florida is required to obtain a temporary certificate using application form DH-MQA 1226 (05/2018), entitled “Application for Temporary Certificate for Employment With a State or County Government Facility,” incorporated herein by reference and available at http://www.flrules.org/Gateway/reference.asp?No=Ref-09941, or available on the Department of Health’s website at http://www.floridadentistry.gov.
(2) Any unlicensed dentist who is a graduate of a dental school accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Dental Association and who applies to the Board for such certification shall be certified by the Board for receipt of a temporary certificate.
(3) Prior to issuance of a temporary certificate, the unlicensed dentist shall submit proof of current CPR certification. The facility at which the unlicensed dentist intends to practice shall provide to the board office the name(s) and license number(s) of the licensed dentist(s) under whose supervision the certificate holder shall work.
(4) Each state or county facility at which an unlicensed dentist practices dentistry shall inform the Board office of the termination or transfer of the temporary certificate holder. Such notice shall be in writing and within 30 days of termination or transfer of the certificate holder.
(5) A temporary certificate shall be renewed each biennium. At the time of renewal the certificate holder shall sign a statement that he or she has complied with all continuing education requirements of active licensees. Additionally, each certificate holder shall complete, no later than upon first renewal, a Board-approved course on Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) pertinent to the practice of dentistry and dental hygiene. A temporary certificate shall be canceled by the Board upon the unlicensed dentist being terminated from employment by a state or county government facility or upon a finding by the Board that the temporary certificate holder has violated any provision of section 466.027 or 466.028, F.S., or has failed the Florida dental licensure examination.
Rulemaking authorized by Florida Statutes § 466.004(4). Implements Florida Statutes § 456.033, 456.0635, 466.017(4), 466.025. History—New 8-12-93, Formerly 61F5-7.0035, 59Q-7.0035, Amended 11-10-98, 3-25-99, 12-25-01, 1-12-04, 12-25-06, 10-4-18.