(1) There is established the manufacturing facility bond pool. The manufacturing facility bond pool shall be available solely to provide written confirmations for private activity bonds to finance manufacturing facility projects. Allocations from this pool shall be awarded statewide, except as provided in this section, pursuant to the procedures specified in s. 159.805, except that the provisions of s. 159.805(2) and (3) do not apply. In issuing written confirmations of allocations for manufacturing facility projects, the division shall use the manufacturing facility bond pool. If allocation is not available from the manufacturing facility bond pool, the division shall issue written confirmations of allocations for manufacturing facility projects pursuant to s. 159.806 or s. 159.807, in that order. For the purpose of determining priority within a regional allocation pool or the state allocation pool, notices of intent to issue bonds for manufacturing facility projects to be issued from a regional allocation pool or the state allocation pool shall be considered to have been received by the division at the time it is determined by the division that the manufacturing facility bond pool is unavailable to issue confirmation for such manufacturing facility project.
(2)(a) The first 75 percent of this pool shall be available on a first come, first served basis, except that 15 percent of the state volume limitation allocated to this pool shall be available as provided in paragraph (b). Before issuing any written confirmations for the remaining 25 percent of this pool, the executive director shall forward all notices of intent to issue which are received by the division for manufacturing facility projects to the Department of Economic Opportunity. The Department of Economic Opportunity shall decide, after receipt of the notices of intent to issue, which notices will receive written confirmations. Such decision shall be communicated in writing by the Department of Economic Opportunity to the executive director within 10 days of receipt of such notices of intent to issue.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 159.8081
- Agency: means the State of Florida, any unit of local government, industrial development authority, or other entity in this state authorized to issue private activity bonds. See Florida Statutes 159.803
- bond: means any bond which requires an allocation pursuant to…. See Florida Statutes 159.803
- County: means the geographic boundaries of each county as established by law. See Florida Statutes 159.803
- Director: means the director of the Division of Bond Finance of the State Board of Administration or his or her designee. See Florida Statutes 159.803
- Division: means the Division of Bond Finance of the State Board of Administration. See Florida Statutes 159.803
- Manufacturing facility: means a facility described in…. See Florida Statutes 159.803
- writing: includes handwriting, printing, typewriting, and all other methods and means of forming letters and characters upon paper, stone, wood, or other materials. See Florida Statutes 1.01
(b) For the first 6 months of each year, 15 percent of such pool shall be available only for manufacturing facility projects located within a county that has a population of less than 75,000 residents, or within any county that has a population of less than 125,000 residents and is contiguous with a county that has a population of less than 75,000 residents, as determined by the most current decennial census, residing in incorporated and unincorporated areas of the county. Any portion of such allocation for which a written confirmation has not been issued by the director or for which an issuance report for bonds using such an allocation has not been received by the division before the end of the first 6 months of each year must be allocated pursuant to paragraph (a).
(3) Any written confirmation issued by the director pursuant to this section has no effect unless the bonds to which such confirmation applies have been issued by the agency and written notice of such issuance has been provided to the director within 90 calendar days after the date the confirmation was issued or November 15, whichever occurs earlier.