Terms Used In Florida Statutes 39.9035
- Coalition: means the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence. See Florida Statutes 1006.063
- Department: means the Department of Children and Families. See Florida Statutes 1001.38
- Domestic violence: has the meaning set forth in…. See Florida Statutes 1006.063
- Domestic violence center: means an agency that provides services to victims of domestic violence, as its primary mission. See Florida Statutes 1006.063
As part of its delivery and management of the delivery of services for the state’s domestic violence program, the coalition shall:
(1) Implement, administer, and evaluate all domestic violence services provided by the certified domestic violence centers.
(2) Receive and approve or reject applications for funding of certified domestic violence centers. When approving funding for a newly certified domestic violence center, the coalition shall make every effort to minimize any adverse economic impact on existing certified domestic violence centers or services provided within the same service area. In order to minimize duplication of services, the coalition shall make every effort to encourage subcontracting relationships with existing certified domestic violence centers within the same service area. In distributing funds allocated by the Legislature for certified domestic violence centers, the coalition shall use a formula approved by the department as specified in s. 39.905(7)(a).
(3) Evaluate certified domestic violence centers in order to determine compliance with minimum certification standards.
(4) Have the right to enter and inspect the premises of certified domestic violence centers for monitoring purposes.