(1) COMPOSITION.–The Animal Industry Technical Council is hereby created in the department and shall be composed of 14 members as follows:
(a) The beef cattle, swine, dairy, horse, independent agricultural market, meat processing and packing establishment, veterinary medicine, and poultry representatives who serve on the State Agricultural Advisory Council and three additional representatives from the beef cattle industry, as well as three at-large members representing other animal industries in the state, who shall be appointed by the commissioner for 4-year terms or until their successors are duly qualified and appointed.
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 585.008
- animal: as used in this chapter , shall include wild or game animals whenever necessary to effectively control or eradicate dangerous transmissible diseases or pests which threaten the agricultural interests of the state. See Florida Statutes 585.01
- Beef cattle: means animals of the genus Bos of various breeds which are raised primarily for the production of meat. See Florida Statutes 585.01
- Cattle: means any bull, steer, ox, cow, heifer, calf, or any other bovine animal. See Florida Statutes 585.01
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Technical council: means the Animal Industry Technical Council. See Florida Statutes 585.01
(b) Each additional beef cattle representative shall be appointed subject to the qualifications and by the procedure as prescribed in s. 570.23 for membership to the council by the beef cattle representative. If a vacancy occurs in these three positions, it shall be filled for the remainder of the term in the same manner as an initial appointment.
(2) POWERS AND DUTIES; MEETINGS; PROCEDURES; RECORDS.–The meetings, powers and duties, procedures, and recordkeeping of the Animal Industry Technical Council shall be pursuant to s. 570.232.