(1) The Florida Forest Service shall administer federal, state, and privately sponsored tree planting programs designed to assist private rural landowners and urban communities.
(2) Contributions from governmental and private sources for tree planting programs may be accepted into the Federal Grants Trust Fund or the Incidental Trust Fund of the Florida Forest Service.
(3) The Florida Forest Service shall develop and implement guidelines and procedures under which the financial resources of the fund allocated for tree planting programs may be utilized for urban and rural reforestation.
(4) Grants to municipalities, counties, nonprofit organizations, and qualifying private landowners may be made from allocated moneys in the fund for the purpose of purchasing, planting, and maintaining native tree species.
(5) The Florida Forest Service shall assist the Department of Education in developing programs that teach the importance of trees in the urban, rural, and global environment.