(1) In addition to any other provisions of law applicable to title insurers, title insurers are subject to the following provisions of this code:
(a) Section 624.406(3) (title insurer must be a stock insurer).
Terms Used In Florida Statutes 627.776
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Premium: means the charge, as specified by rule of the commission, which is made by a title insurer for a title insurance policy, including the charge for performance of primary title services by a title insurer or title insurance agent or agency, and incurring the risks incident to such policy, under the several classifications of title insurance contracts and forms. See Florida Statutes 627.7711
- Title insurer: means any domestic company organized and authorized to do business under the provisions of chapter 624, for the purpose of issuing title insurance, or any insurer organized under the laws of another state, the District of Columbia, or a foreign country and holding a certificate of authority to transact business in this state, for the purpose of issuing title insurance. See Florida Statutes 627.7711
(b) Section 624.407.
(c) Section 624.408.
(d) Section 624.411.
(e) Section 624.608.
(f) Section 625.031(4) (nonadmitted assets do not include certain properties of title insurers).
(g) Section 625.051(5) (title insurers exempt from usual unearned premium reserve).
(h) Section 625.111.
(i) Section 625.330.
(j) Section 626.9541(1)(h) (rebates prohibited; title insurance).
(l) Section 628.151.
(2) The following provisions of this code do not apply to title insurance:
(a) Part I of chapter 626 (insurance representatives; licensing procedures and general requirements).
(b) Part II of chapter 626 (general lines agents; qualifications and requirements).
(c) Part III of chapter 626 (life insurance agents).
(d) Part IV of chapter 626 (health insurance agents).
(e) Part VI of chapter 626 (insurance adjusters).
(f) Part I of chapter 627 (rates and rating organizations).
(g) Part III of chapter 627 (life insurance policies and annuity contracts).
(h) Part IV of chapter 627 (industrial life insurance policies).
(i) Part V of chapter 627 (group life insurance).
(j) Part VI of chapter 627 (health insurance policies).
(k) Part VII of chapter 627 (group, blanket, and franchise health insurance).
(l) Part IX of chapter 627 (credit life and disability insurances).
(m) Part X of chapter 627 (property insurance contracts).
(n) Part XI of chapter 627 (casualty insurance contracts).
(o) Part XII of chapter 627 (surety insurance contracts).
(p) Chapter 629.
(q) Chapter 632.
(r) Section 624.4095.