329-129 Prohibited acts; flammable solvents. (a) No qualifying patient, primary caregiver, qualifying out-of-state patient, or caregiver of a qualifying out-of-state patient shall use butane to extract tetrahydrocannabinol from cannabis plants.
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 329-129
- Caregiver of a qualifying out-of-state patient: means a parent, guardian, or person having legal custody of a qualifying out-of-state patient who is under the age of eighteen years. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 329-121
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Person: means individual, corporation, government, or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 329-1
- Primary caregiver: means a person eighteen years of age or older, other than the qualifying patient and the qualifying patient's physician or advanced practice registered nurse, who has agreed to undertake responsibility for managing the well-being of the qualifying patient with respect to the medical use of cannabis. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 329-121
- Qualifying patient: means a person who has been diagnosed by a physician or advanced practice registered nurse as having a debilitating medical condition. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 329-121
(b) Any person who violates this section shall be guilty of a class C felony.