329-130 Authorized sources of medical cannabis. (a) After December 31, 2023, a qualifying patient shall obtain medical cannabis or manufactured cannabis products only:
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 329-130
- Adequate supply: means an amount of medical cannabis jointly possessed between the qualifying patient and the primary caregiver that is not more than is reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of cannabis for the purpose of alleviating the symptoms or effects of a qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition; provided that an "adequate supply" shall not exceed: ten cannabis plants, whether immature or mature, and four ounces of usable cannabis at any given time. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 329-121
- Person: means individual, corporation, government, or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 329-1
- Primary caregiver: means a person eighteen years of age or older, other than the qualifying patient and the qualifying patient's physician or advanced practice registered nurse, who has agreed to undertake responsibility for managing the well-being of the qualifying patient with respect to the medical use of cannabis. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 329-121
- Qualifying patient: means a person who has been diagnosed by a physician or advanced practice registered nurse as having a debilitating medical condition. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 329-121
(1) From a dispensary licensed pursuant to chapter 329D; provided that the cannabis shall be purchased and paid for at the time of purchase; or
(2) By cultivating cannabis in an amount that does not exceed an adequate supply for the qualifying patient, pursuant to section 329-122; provided that each location used to cultivate cannabis shall be used by no more than five qualifying patients.
After December 31, 2023, no primary caregiver shall be authorized to cultivate cannabis for any qualifying patient.
(b) This section shall not apply to:
(1) A qualifying patient who is a minor or an adult lacking legal capacity and the primary caregiver is the parent, guardian, or person having legal custody of a qualifying patient described in this paragraph; or
(2) A qualifying patient on any island on which there is no medical cannabis dispensary licensed pursuant to chapter 329D.