39A‑200 Security for special purpose revenue bonds. Special purpose revenue bonds shall be payable solely from the revenues derived by the department from payments made to the department under the project agreement or other supplemental agreements entered into with respect to the energy project, and shall be secured solely by such revenues and by the pledges and assignments authorized by this part. All special purpose revenue bonds of the same issue, subject to the prior and superior rights of outstanding bonds, claims, obligations, or mechanics’ and materialmen’s liens, shall have a prior and paramount lien on the revenues derived from the project agreement with respect to the energy project for which such bonds have been issued, over and ahead of all special purpose revenue bonds of any issue payable from the revenues which may be subsequently issued and over and ahead of any claims or obligations of any nature against the revenues subsequently arising or subsequently incurred; provided that the department may reserve the right and privilege to subsequently issue additional series of special purpose revenues bonds, from time to time, payable from the revenues derived from such project agreement on a parity with the special purpose revenue bonds theretofore issued and the subsequently issued series of special purpose revenue bonds, may be secured, without priority by reason of date of sale, date of execution, or date of delivery, by a lien on the revenues in accordance with law, including this part.
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-200
- Department: means the department of budget and finance. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-191
- Energy project: means any facilities for each single project or multiproject program of a project party, including a publicly owned energy cooperative, which is certified by the public utilities commission as being for the local furnishing of electric energy or gas; provided that any new generating unit for the production or generation of electric energy from fossil fuels shall not be considered an energy project for purposes of this part unless specifically authorized in any act providing for the authorization of the issuance of bonds pursuant to this part. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-191
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Project: means any energy project or telecommunications project. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-191
- Project agreement: means any agreement entered into under this part by the department with the project party for the financing from the proceeds of special purpose revenue bonds of a telecommunications project or an energy project, including without limitation any loan agreement. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-191
- Project party: means an electric or gas utility, including a publicly owned energy cooperative, serving the general public and that is regulated by the public utilities commission under chapter 269, or a telecommunications carrier or telecommunications common carrier, whether or not subject to regulation by the public utilities commission under chapter 269. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 39A-191
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
Notwithstanding any other provision hereof, the property in the energy project and all interest of the project party in the energy project and the revenues of the project party therefrom may be subjected to the present and future lien of any mortgage of the project party securing the project party’s bonds, and the rights of the department and any trustee for the holders of the special purpose revenue bonds and the holders of the special purpose revenue bonds in the energy project and the revenues therefrom may be made subject to the prior lien of the project party’s mortgage.