662-15 Exceptions. This chapter shall not apply to:
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 662-15
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(1) Any claim based upon an act or omission of an employee of the State, exercising due care, in the execution of a statute or regulation, whether or not such statute or regulation is valid, or based upon the exercise or performance or the failure to exercise or perform a discretionary function or duty on the part of a state officer or employee, whether or not the discretion involved has been abused;
(2) Any claim arising in respect of the assessment or collection of any tax, or the detention of any goods or merchandise by law enforcement officers;
(3) Any claim for which a remedy is provided elsewhere in the laws of the State;
(4) Any claim arising out of assault, battery, false imprisonment, false arrest, malicious prosecution, abuse of process, libel, slander, misrepresentation, deceit, or interference with contract rights;
(5) Any claim arising out of the combatant activities of the Hawaii National Guard and Hawaii state defense force during time of war, or during the times the Hawaii National Guard is engaged in federal service pursuant to section 316, 502, 503, 504, 505, or 709 of title 32 of the United States Code;
(6) Any claim arising in a foreign country; or
(7) Any claim arising out of the acts or omissions of any boating enforcement officer.