|188F-2||West Hawaii regional fishery management area; establishment|
|188F-3||West Hawaii regional fishery management area; purpose|
|188F-4||West Hawaii regional fishery management area plan|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 188F - West Hawaii Regional Fishery Management Area
- Air transportation: means the holding out to the general public of or the undertaking to provide the carriage of persons or property, except for United States mail, by air, for compensation or hire between any pair of points, both of which are within the State of Hawaii, unless the carriage is part of the continuous carriage of the persons or property to or from a point outside the State of Hawaii. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 261E-2
- Aircraft: means any craft or other artificial contrivance of whatever description that is used or capable of being used, or intended to be used, as a means of transportation by air. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 261E-2
- Airport: means any area of land or water designed and set aside for the landing and taking-off of all aircraft and utilized or to be utilized in the interest of the public for such purposes;
"Airport hazard" means any structure or tree which obstructs the air space required for the flight of aircraft in landing or taking-off at an airport, or any use of land which creates a dangerous condition, including the placement of strong lights which blind pilots during such operations;
"Airport hazard area" means any area of land or water upon which an airport hazard might be established if not prevented as provided in this chapter;
"Airport protection" means protection against an airport hazard;
"Department" means the department of transportation;
"Director" means the director of transportation or the director's authorized representative;
"Person" means any individual, partnership, corporation, unincorporated association, joint stock association, or any trustee, receiver, assignee, or other similar representative thereof; or the State or any of its political subdivisions, or agencies thereof;
"Structure" means any object constructed or installed by humans, including, but without limitation, buildings, towers, smokestacks, chimneys, and overhead transmission lines;
"Tree" means any object of natural growth. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 262-1
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Articles of incorporation: include amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of merger. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- carrier: means any person or entity who has received a certificate issued by the commission and who undertakes or holds itself out to the general public as engaging directly or indirectly in the transportation by air of passengers or property, or both, for compensation or hire within the State or between points within the State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 261E-2
- Certificate: means a certificate of public convenience and necessity issued under this chapter to a Hawaii air carrier. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 261E-2
- Commission: means the air carrier commission established pursuant to § 261E-4. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 261E-2
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the department of land and natural resources. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 188F-1
- Employee: includes an officer but not a director. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Entity: includes domestic and foreign corporations, domestic professional corporations, domestic and foreign limited liability companies, domestic and foreign nonprofit corporations, domestic and foreign business trusts, estates, domestic and foreign partnerships, domestic and foreign limited partnerships, domestic and foreign limited liability partnerships, trusts, two or more persons having a joint or common economic interest, associations and cooperative associations, and state, federal, and foreign governments. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Foreign corporation: means a corporation for profit incorporated under a law other than the law of this State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Individual: means a natural person. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Management area: means the West Hawaii regional fishery management area established in § 188F-2. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 188F-1
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes individual and entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Plan: means the West Hawaii regional fishery management area plan established in § 188F-4. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 188F-1
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Proceeding: includes civil suit and criminal, administrative, and investigatory action. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Remand: When an appellate court sends a case back to a lower court for further proceedings.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 414-3
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.