|319-2||Hawaii dental education plan, established|
|319-3||Hawaii dental education plan|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 319
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Agency: means any agency, board, commission, department, or officer of a county government or the state government, including the authority as defined in part II. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 205A-1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- county: includes the city and county of Honolulu. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-22
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the department of budget and finance. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 319-1
- Director: means the director of finance. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 319-1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Land: means the earth, water, and air above, below, or on the surface. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 205A-1
- Person: means an individual, corporation, or partnership, and an organization or association, whether or not incorporated. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 205A-1
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Plan: means the Hawaii dental education plan. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 319-1
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Shoreline: means the upper reaches of the wash of the waves, other than storm and seismic waves, at high tide during the season of the year in which the highest wash of the waves occurs, usually evidenced by the edge of vegetation growth, or the upper limit of debris left by the wash of the waves. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 205A-1
- Shoreline area: shall include all of the land area between the shoreline and the shoreline setback line and may include the area between mean sea level and the shoreline; provided that if the highest annual wash of the waves is fixed or significantly affected by a structure that has not received all permits and approvals required by law or if any part of any structure in violation of this part extends seaward of the shoreline, then the term "shoreline area" shall include the entire structure. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 205A-41
- Shoreline setback line: means that line established in this part or by the county running inland from the shoreline at a horizontal plane. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 205A-41
- Structure: includes , but is not limited to, any portion of any building, pavement, road, pipe, flume, utility line, fence, groin, wall, or revetment. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 205A-41
- Unauthorized insurer: means an insurer not holding a valid certificate of authority to transact an insurance business in the state in which the subject resident is located or in which the insurance contract will be performed. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 431:8-102
- WICHE: means the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education as described in chapter 304A, part VII, subpart D. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 319-1
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.