|324-11||Sources of information protected|
|324-12||Identification of persons studied; restriction|
|324-13||Legal proceedings; information excluded from|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 324 > Part II
- Acquisition of control: means acquisition by a person or persons acting in concert of the power to vote fifty-one per cent or more of any voting securities of a licensee. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 449-1
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of financial institutions of this State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 449-1
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Escrow: means any transaction affecting the title to real property, including leaseholds, proprietary leaseholds, and condominiums, in which a person not a party to the transaction and neither having nor acquiring any interest in the title receives from one party to the transaction, holds until the happening of an event or performance of a condition and then delivers to another party to the transaction, any money or other consideration or any instrument affecting the title to that real property, all in accordance with the terms of the agreement between the parties to the transaction. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 449-1
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Escrow depository: means the corporation which, in an escrow, and for compensation, receives, holds, and delivers the money, other consideration, or instrument affecting title to real property. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 449-1
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means , in addition to the singular, persons, group of persons, cooperative association, company, firm, partnership, corporation, or other legal entity, and includes the agents and employees of any person. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 449-1