|324-43||Use of collected information|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 324 > Part V
- Birth defect: means an abnormality of structure, function, or body metabolism present at birth that adversely affects a child's health and development, results in a physical or mental disability, or is fatal. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 324-41
- Branch office: means any location, separate from the principal place of business of the escrow depository, that is identified by any means to the public or customers as a location at which the licensee holds itself out as an escrow depository. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 449-1
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of financial institutions of this State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 449-1
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Escrow: means any transaction affecting the title to real property, including leaseholds, proprietary leaseholds, and condominiums, in which a person not a party to the transaction and neither having nor acquiring any interest in the title receives from one party to the transaction, holds until the happening of an event or performance of a condition and then delivers to another party to the transaction, any money or other consideration or any instrument affecting the title to that real property, all in accordance with the terms of the agreement between the parties to the transaction. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 449-1
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Escrow depository: means the corporation which, in an escrow, and for compensation, receives, holds, and delivers the money, other consideration, or instrument affecting title to real property. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 449-1
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Institutional review board: means an institutional review board established in accordance with 7 Code of Federal Regulations 1c. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 324-41
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Registry: means a collection of data organized so that the information can be processed and made available for research. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 324-41
- Research: means a systematic investigation designed to develop or contribute to generalizable knowledge. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 324-41
- Researcher: means a person who is conducting research which has been approved or declared exempt by an institutional review board. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 324-41