|342L-51||Leaking underground storage tank fund|
|342L-52||Response to suspected or confirmed releases|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 342L > Part III
- Board: means the Hawaii board of veterinary medicine of the State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 471-1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the department of health. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Director: means the director of health. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Operator: means any person in control of, or having responsibility for, the daily operation of the underground storage tank. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Owner: means :
(1) In the case of a particular underground storage tank or tank system in use or brought into use on or after November 8, 1984, any person who owns an underground storage tank or tank system; and
(2) In the case of a particular underground storage tank or tank system in use before November 8, 1984, but no longer in use after that date, any person who owned such a tank or tank system immediately before the discontinuation of its use. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Party: means each person or agency named as a party or properly entitled to be a party in any court or agency proceeding. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Person: means an individual, trust, estate, firm, joint stock company, corporation (including a government corporation), partnership, association, commission, consortium, joint venture, commercial entity, the State or a county, the United States government, federal agency, interstate body, or any other legal entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Petroleum: means petroleum, including crude oil or any fraction thereof which is liquid at standard conditions of temperature and pressure (60 degrees Fahrenheit and 14. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Provider of financial assurance: means a person that provides evidence of financial responsibility for one or more underground storage tanks or tank systems. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Release: includes , but is not limited to, any spilling, leaking, emitting, discharging, escaping, leaching, or disposing from an underground storage tank or tank system. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- tank: means any one or combination of tanks (including pipes connected thereto) used to contain an accumulation of regulated substances, and the volume of which (including the volume of the underground pipes connected thereto) is ten per cent or more beneath the surface of the ground. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- tank system: means an underground storage tank, connected underground piping, underground ancillary equipment, and containment system, if any. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 342L-1
- Testify: Answer questions in court.