Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 445 > Part IV
- Billboard: is a ny board, fence, or similar structure, whether free-standing or supported by or placed against any wall or structure, which is designed or used for the principal purpose of having outdoor advertising devices placed, posted, or fastened upon it. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 445-111
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- county: includes the city and county of Honolulu. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-22
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- month: means a calendar month; and the word "year" a calendar year. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-20
- Outdoor advertising device: means any device which is:
(A) A writing, picture, painting, light, model, display, emblem, sign, or similar device situated outdoors, which is so designed that it draws the attention of persons in any public highway, park, or other public place to any property, services, entertainment, or amusement, bought, sold, rented, hired, offered, or otherwise traded in by any person, or to the place or person where or by whom such buying, selling, renting, hiring, offering, or other trading is carried on;
(B) A sign, poster, notice, bill, or word or words in writing situated outdoors and so designed that it draws the attention of and is read by persons in any public highway, park, or other public place; or
(C) A sign, writing, symbol, or emblem made of lights, or a device or design made of lights so designed that its primary function is not giving light, which is situated outdoors and draws the attention of persons in any public highway, park or other public place. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 445-111
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.