|667-20.1||Postponement, cancellation of sale|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 667 - Foreclosures
- Director: means the director of commerce and consumer affairs. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 425-101
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Limited liability partnership: means a partnership that has filed a statement of qualification under section 425-152 and does not have a similar statement in effect in any other jurisdiction. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 425-101
- Mortgagee: The person to whom property is mortgaged and who has loaned the money.
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Partnership: means an association of two or more persons to carry on as co-owners a business for profit formed under section 425-109, a predecessor law, or comparable law of another jurisdiction. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 425-101
- Partnership agreement: means the agreement, whether written, oral, or implied, among the partners concerning the partnership, including amendments to the partnership agreement. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 425-101
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Statement: means a registration or annual statement filed under section 425-1, a statement of correction filed under section 425-1. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 425-101