|Article 5||Reciprocal Tax Collection Act|
|Article 99||Effective date|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 35 ILCS 717
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- district: means a public water district organized under "An Act in relation to public water districts" approved July 25, 1945, as amended. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 65 ILCS 5/11-151-1
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Petty offense: A federal misdemeanor punishable by six months or less in prison. Source: U.S. Courts
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Units of local government: has the meaning established in Section 1 of Article VII of the Constitution of the State of Illinois of 1970. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.28