Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 730 ILCS 152 > Article 1
- Child care facilities: has the meaning set forth in the Child Care Act of 1969, but does not include licensed foster homes. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 730 ILCS 152/105
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Juvenile sex offender: means any person who is adjudicated a juvenile delinquent as the result of the commission of or attempt to commit a violation set forth in item (B), (C), or (C-5) of Section 2 of the Sex Offender Registration Act, or a violation of any substantially similar federal, Uniform Code of Military Justice, sister state, or foreign country law, and whose adjudication occurred on or after the effective date of this amendatory Act of the 91st General Assembly. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 730 ILCS 152/105
- Law enforcement agency having jurisdiction: includes the location where out-of-state students attend school and where out-of-state employees are employed or are otherwise required to register. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 730 ILCS 152/105
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Sex offender: means any sex offender as defined in the Sex Offender Registration Act whose offense or adjudication as a sexually dangerous person occurred on or after June 1, 1996, and whose victim was under the age of 18 at the time the offense was committed but does not include the offenses set forth in subsection (b)(1. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 730 ILCS 152/105
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14