Cumulative capital improvement fund; additional purposes
Sec. 3. A unit may establish cumulative capital improvement funds to provide money for one (1) or more of the following purposes:
(1) To acquire land or rights-of-way to be used for public ways or sidewalks.
(2) To construct and maintain public ways or sidewalks.
(3) To acquire land or rights-of-way for the construction of sanitary or storm sewers, or both.
(4) To construct and maintain sanitary or storm sewers, or both.
(5) To acquire, by purchase or lease, or to pay all or part of the purchase price of a utility.
(6) To purchase or lease land, buildings, or rights-of-way for the use of any utility that is acquired or operated by the unit. (7) To purchase or acquire land, with or without buildings, for park or recreation purposes.
(8) To purchase, lease, or pay all or part of the purchase price of motor vehicles for the use of the police or fire department, or both, including ambulances and firefighting vehicles with the necessary equipment, ladders, and hoses.
(9) To retire in whole or in part any general obligation bonds of the unit that were issued for the purpose of acquiring or constructing improvements or properties that would qualify for the use of cumulative capital improvement funds.
(10) To purchase or lease equipment and other nonconsumable personal property needed by the unit for any public transportation use.
(11) In a county or a consolidated city, to purchase or lease equipment to be used to illuminate a public way or sidewalk.
(12) The fund may be used for any of the following purposes:
(A) To purchase, lease, upgrade, maintain, or repair one (1) or more of the following:
(i) Computer hardware.
(ii) Computer software.
(iii) Wiring and computer networks.
(iv) Communication access systems used to connect with computer networks or electronic gateways.
(B) To pay for the services of full-time or part-time computer maintenance employees.
(C) To conduct nonrecurring inservice technology training of unit employees.
(13) To purchase body armor (as defined in IC 36-8-4-4.5(a)) for active members of a police department.
As added by Acts 1981, P.L.309, SEC.89. Amended by P.L.82-1985, SEC.7; P.L.199-1988, SEC.6; P.L.41-2001, SEC.1; P.L.8-2009, SEC.4.