(1) is issued by the Bureau of the Census after the tabulation of population of Indiana in the federal decennial census has been reported to the governor by the United States Secretary of Commerce under 13 U.S.C. 141(c);
Terms Used In Indiana Code 1-1-3.5-1.5
- federal decennial census: means a United States decennial census of population conducted under 13 U. See Indiana Code 1-1-3.5-2
- political subdivision: has the meaning set forth in IC 36-1-2-13. See Indiana Code 1-1-3.5-2
- Population: has the meaning set forth in IC 1-1-3. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
(A) to correct an error in the enumeration of persons residing in the political subdivision on the date of the federal decennial census or federal special census; or
(B) to provide a population count for a municipality incorporated following the most recent federal decennial census; and
(3) supersedes any previous tabulation of population reported for the political subdivision in the federal decennial census or federal special census.
The term does not include a statistical adjustment made in the tabulation of population by the Bureau of the Census to compensate for a predicted undercount or overcount in a federal decennial census or federal special census.
As added by P.L.1-1988, SEC.1.