(b) As used in this chapter, “owner” means a person that employs or contracts with at least one (1) individual to dispense a controlled substance in an office, facility, clinic, or location owned or controlled by the person. The term does not include the following:
Terms Used In Indiana Code 35-48-3-1.5
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
(2) A dentist licensed under IC 25-14.
(3) A physician licensed under IC 25-22.5.
(4) An optometrist licensed under IC 25-24.
(5) A podiatrist licensed under IC 25-29.
(6) A community mental health center certified under IC 12-21-2-3(5)(C).
(7) A private mental health institution or private psychiatric hospital licensed under IC 12-25.
(8) A hospital or ambulatory outpatient surgical center licensed under IC 16-21.
(9) A hospice licensed under IC 16-25.
(10) A home health agency licensed under IC 16-27-1.
(11) A health facility licensed under IC 16-28.
(12) A rural health clinic (as defined in 42 U.S.C. 1396d(l)(1)).
(13) A federally qualified health center (as defined in 42 U.S.C. 1396d(l)(2)(B)).
(14) A pharmacist or pharmacy licensed under IC 25-26.
(15) A community health center (as defined in IC 34-18-2-9).
(16) An affiliate, member, partner, or subsidiary of any person described in subdivisions (6) through (15).
(C) joint venture;
(D) limited liability company; or
(E) professional corporation;
or any other entity in which more than fifty percent (50%) of the owners, shareholders, partners, or members are persons listed in subdivisions (1) through (16).
As added by P.L.185-2013, SEC.5.