(b) A person who knowingly or intentionally possesses an instrument, a device, or another object that the person intends to use for:
Terms Used In Indiana Code 35-48-4-8.3
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
(2) testing the strength, effectiveness, or purity of a controlled substance; or
(3) enhancing the effect of a controlled substance;
commits a Class C misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the person has a prior unrelated judgment or conviction under this section.
As added by Acts 1980, P.L.115, SEC.4. Amended by P.L.202-1989, SEC.5; P.L.166-1990, SEC.2; P.L.58-2003, SEC.1; P.L.158-2013, SEC.635; P.L.187-2015, SEC.49.