(b) The fiscal officer is the head of the city department of finance. The fiscal officer shall do the following:
Terms Used In Indiana Code 36-4-10-4.5
- Clerk: means the clerk of the court or a person authorized to perform the clerk's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(2) Keep accounts showing when and from what sources the fiscal officer has received city money and when and to whom the fiscal officer has paid out city money.
(3) Prescribe payroll and account forms for all city offices.
(4) Prescribe the manner in which creditors, officers, and employees shall be paid.
(5) Manage the finances and accounts of the city and make investments of city money.
(6) Prepare for the legislative body the budget estimates of miscellaneous revenue, financial statements, and the proposed tax rate.
(7) Issue all licenses authorized by statute and collect the fees fixed by ordinance.
(8) Serve as clerk of the board of public works by attending meetings, preparing agendas, and recording proceedings.
(9) Perform all other duties prescribed by statute.
(c) A fiscal officer is not liable in an individual capacity for an act or omission occurring in connection with the performance of the duties prescribed by subsection (b), unless the act or omission constitutes gross negligence or an intentional disregard of the fiscal officer’s duties.
As added by P.L.189-1988, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.35-1999, SEC.6.