This chapter shall not apply to the following persons:
1. Persons who are licensed to practice medicine or surgery, osteopathic medicine and surgery, chiropractic, cosmetology arts and sciences, or podiatry in this state; or athletic trainers, technicians, nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, or physician assistants licensed, certified, or registered in this state or acting under the prescription or supervision of a person licensed to practice medicine or surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery in this state.
2. Persons who are licensed, registered, or certified in another state, territory, the District of Columbia, or a foreign country when incidentally present in this state to teach a course of instruction related to massage and bodywork therapy or to consult with a person licensed under subtitle 3 of this title.
3. Students enrolled in a program recognized by the board while completing a clinical requirement for graduation performed under the supervision of a person licensed under subtitle 3 of this title.
4. Persons giving massage and bodywork to members of their immediate family.
5. Persons practicing reflexology.
6. Persons engaged within the scope of practice of a profession with established standards and ethics utilizing touch, words, and directed movement to deepen awareness of existing patterns of movement in the body as well as to suggest new possibilities of movement, provided that the practices performed or services rendered are not designated or implied to be massage therapy. Such practices include, but are not limited to, the Feldenkrais method, the Trager approach, and mind-body centering.
7. Persons engaged within the scope of practice of a profession with established standards and ethics in which touch is limited to that which is essential for palpitation and affectation of the human energy system, provided that the practices performed or services rendered are not designated or implied to be massage therapy.
8. Persons incidentally present in this state to provide services as part of an emergency response team working in conjunction with disaster relief officials.