As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
1. “Claimant” means a person who files a notice of intent to preserve an interest in property on loan to a museum as provided in section 305B.8.
2. “Claimant’s address” means the most recent address as shown on a notice of intent to preserve an interest in property on loan to a museum, or notice of change of address, which notice is on file with the museum.
3. “Lender” means a person whose name appears on the records of the museum as the person legally entitled to property held or owing by the museum.
4. “Lender’s address” means the most recent address as shown on the museum’s records pertaining to the property on loan from the lender.
5. “Loan” means a deposit of property not accompanied by a transfer of title to the property.
6. “Museum” means an institution located in Iowa operated by a nonprofit corporation or a public agency, primarily for educational, scientific, historic preservation, or aesthetic purposes, which owns, borrows, cares for, exhibits, studies, archives, or catalogs property. “Museum” includes, but is not limited to, historical societies, historic sites or landmarks, parks, monuments, and libraries.
7. “Property” means a tangible object, animate or inanimate, under a museum’s care which has intrinsic historic, artistic, scientific, or cultural value.
8. “Undocumented property” means property in the possession of a museum for which the museum cannot determine by reference to the museum’s records the property’s owner.