1. A person who files an individual or a joint income tax return with the department of revenue under section 422.13 may designate one dollar or more to be paid to the foundation fund of the Iowa state fair foundation as established in section 173.22. If the refund due on the return or the payment remitted with the return is insufficient to pay the amount designated by the taxpayer to the foundation fund, the amount designated shall be reduced to the remaining amount of the refund or the remaining amount remitted with the return. The designation of a contribution to the foundation fund under this section is irrevocable.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 422.12D
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. The director of revenue shall draft the income tax form to allow the designation of contributions to the foundation fund on the tax return. The department, on or before January 31, shall transfer the total amount designated on the tax form due in the preceding year to the foundation fund. However, before a checkoff pursuant to this section shall be permitted, all liabilities on the books of the department of administrative services and accounts identified as owing under section 8A.504 shall be satisfied.
3. The Iowa state fair board may authorize payment from the foundation fund for purposes of supporting foundation activities.
4. The department of revenue shall adopt rules to implement this section.