(a) Action involving persons or property. Any civil action involving either persons residing on or property located upon the Fort Riley military reservation may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in either Geary or Riley county, Kansas.

(b) Service of process. The respective sheriffs of Geary and Riley county, Kansas, and others authorized to serve process under the laws of this state, in these two named counties, may serve process in any proper action within the boundaries of the Fort Riley military reservation without regard to the county line between Geary and Riley counties as said line existed before the land comprising said reservation was acquired by the United States of America.