(a) Creating a hazard is recklessly:
(1) Storing or abandoning, in any place accessible to children, a container which has a compartment of more than one and one-half cubic feet capacity and a door or lid which locks or fastens automatically when closed and which cannot be easily opened from the inside, and failing to remove the door, lock, lid or fastening device on such container;
Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 21-6318
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(2) being the owner or otherwise having possession of property upon which a cistern, well or cesspool is located, and failing to cover the same with protective covering of sufficient strength and quality to exclude human beings and domestic animals therefrom; or
(3) exposing, abandoning or otherwise leaving any explosive or dangerous substance in a place accessible to children.
(b) Creating a hazard is a class B nonperson misdemeanor.