Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-3009
- Air pollution: means the presence in the outdoor atmosphere of one or more air contaminants in such quantities and duration as is, or tends significantly to be, injurious to human health or welfare, animal or plant life, or property, or would unreasonably interfere with the enjoyment of life or property, or would contribute to the formation of regional haze. See Kansas Statutes 65-3002
- Person: means any individual, partnership, firm, association, municipality, public or private corporation, subdivision or agency of the state or federal government, trust, estate or any other legal entity. See Kansas Statutes 65-3002
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Secretary: means the secretary of health and environment. See Kansas Statutes 65-3002
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
The secretary may designate competent representatives who may enter and inspect any property, premise or place at any reasonable time for the purpose of investigating either an actual or possible source of air pollution or of ascertaining the state of compliance with this act and regulations in force pursuant thereto. No person shall refuse entry or access to any authorized representative of the secretary who requests entry for purposes of inspection, and who presents appropriate credentials; nor shall any person obstruct, hamper or interfere with any such inspection. If requested, the owner or operator of the premises shall receive a report setting forth levels of emissions and any other facts found which relate to compliance status.