Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-3410a
- Disposal: means the discharge, deposit, injection, dumping, spilling, leaking or placing of any solid waste into or on any land or water so that such solid waste or any constituent thereof may enter the environment or be emitted into the air or discharged into any water. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
- Solid waste: means garbage, refuse, waste tires as defined by K. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
- Solid waste disposal area: includes all property described or included within any permit issued pursuant to K. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
(a) Except as provided by subsection (b), no city or county shall adopt by ordinance, resolution or in a solid waste management plan under K.S.A. 65-3405 or 65-3410, and amendments thereto, restrictions for any solid waste disposal area within its boundaries if such restrictions supersede or impair the local legislation of another city or county being serviced by the same solid waste disposal area or require another city or county to adopt new solid waste management requirements not currently required by statewide rules and regulations.
(b) A city or county may adopt restrictions for a solid waste disposal area under subsection (a) if:
(1) The city or county owns the solid waste disposal area; and
(2) such restrictions apply to the residents of such city or county but not to residents of another city or county being serviced by the same solid waste disposal area.
(c) This section shall be part of and supplemental to the provisions of article 34 of chapter 65 of the Kansas Statutes Annotated, and amendments thereto.
(d) This section shall apply to any solid waste disposal area, including those in operation prior to July 1, 2014.