Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-3410b
- Secretary: means the secretary of health and environment. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
- Solid waste: means garbage, refuse, waste tires as defined by K. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(a) On or before January 1, 2014, the secretary of health and environment shall prepare, with review and input from operators of municipal solid waste landfills, haulers of solid waste, business and residential consumers of haulers of solid waste, cities and counties, a report on solid waste management in Kansas for the senate committee on ethics, elections and local government and the house committee on local government. The report shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) A review of statutes, rules and regulations and policies on solid waste management, including, but not limited to, details on yard waste, recycling, generation rates, composting, precipitation, source reduction efforts, population, landfill capacity and gas recovery in landfills; and
(2) recommendations for legislative changes and estimates of the cost of the state of implementing such changes.
(b) This section shall be part of and supplemental to the provisions of article 34 of chapter 65 of the Kansas Statutes Annotated, and amendments thereto.