Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-34,109
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corrective action: means those activities described in subsection (a) of K. See Kansas Statutes 65-34,142
- Department: means the Kansas department of health and environment. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Owner: means any person who owns or leases, or has owned or leased, a drycleaning facility and who is or has been responsible for the operation of drycleaning operations at such drycleaning facility. See Kansas Statutes 65-34,142
- Person: means individual, partnership, firm, trust, company, association, corporation, individual or individuals having controlling or majority interest in a corporation, institution, political subdivision, state agency or federal department or agency. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
- Release: means any spill, leak, emission, discharge, escape, leak or disposal of drycleaning solvent from a drycleaning facility into the soils or waters of the state. See Kansas Statutes 65-34,142
- Secretary: means the secretary of health and environment. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
(a) It shall be unlawful for any owner or operator of a storage tank to deposit, store or dispense, or permit any person to deposit, store or dispense, any regulated substance into such storage tank which does not comply with the provisions of this act, the rules and regulations promulgated hereunder, or any order of the secretary.
(b) It shall be unlawful for any person to:
(1) Construct, install, modify or operate a storage tank without any required permit or other written approval from the secretary or otherwise be in violation of the rules and regulations, standards or orders of the secretary;
(2) prevent or hinder a properly identified officer or employee of the department or other authorized agent of the secretary from entering, inspecting or sampling at a facility on which a storage tank is located or from copying records concerning such storage tank as authorized by this act;
(3) knowingly make any false material statement or representation in any application, record, report, permit or other document filed, maintained or used for purposes of compliance with this act;
(4) knowingly destroy, alter or conceal any record required to be maintained by this act or rules and regulations promulgated hereunder;
(5) knowingly allow a release, knowingly fail to report a release or knowingly fail to take corrective action in response to a release of a regulated substance in violation of this act or rules and regulations promulgated hereunder; or
(6) deposit, store or dispense any regulated substance into any storage tank which does not comply with the provisions of this act, or the rules and regulations promulgated hereunder, after written notice by certified mail has been supplied by the secretary that such storage tanks do not comply with the provisions of the act or such rules and regulations.
(c) Any person who violates any provision of subsection (a) or (b) shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished as provided by law.