Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-34,145
- Department: means the Kansas department of health and environment. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
- Drycleaning facility: means a commercial establishment that operates, or has operated in the past, in whole or in part for the purpose of cleaning garments or other fabrics utilizing a process that involves any use of drycleaning solvents. See Kansas Statutes 65-34,142
- Fund: means the drycleaning facility release trust fund. See Kansas Statutes 65-34,142
- Owner: means any person who owns or leases, or has owned or leased, a drycleaning facility and who is or has been responsible for the operation of drycleaning operations at such drycleaning facility. See Kansas Statutes 65-34,142
- Secretary: means the secretary of health and environment. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(a) Each owner of an operating drycleaning facility shall register annually with the department on a form provided by the department. The registration shall be accompanied by a fee of $100 for each operating drycleaning facility owned by the owner. The secretary shall remit the fees paid pursuant to this section to the state treasurer in accordance with the provisions of K.S.A. 75-4215, and amendments thereto. Upon receipt of each such remittance, the state treasurer shall deposit the entire amount in the state treasury to the credit of the fund.
(b) The owner of a drycleaning facility shall post the owner’s registration number, in a manner prescribed by the secretary, in the public area of each operating drycleaning facility owned by the owner.